Saturday, April 23, 2011

If I'm Too Simple, Then Y'all Don't Get The Basics

This is my life. I am a country woman and I am proud of it. I kid around on Twitter to make people laugh when I say things like, "I can bake a cake, hunt, fish, cook, plant a garden, shoot a gun and suck a dick upside down" but...I am serious. As a country girl, mama taught me to be versatile (except the dick suckin part) and with versatility, came responsibility. Catching a fish is one thing. How will I eat the fish if I don't know how to clean it? I can plant a garden but how will I be able to reap the benefits if I can't harvest it?
The older I get the more responsibilities I start to see pop up in front of me and it made me think...if I am going to be the wife and mother that I want to be, I need to start practicing and honing my skills so...I made a cake. Not just any old cake; a Carrot Cake with a Buttermilk Glaze and a Butter Cream Cheese frosting and all from scratch and I was proud of myself but then I thought about it...
They say that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach so, I need to ask the bellies that are reading this; how would you feel about walking into a home with a meal prepared for you when you come in? Does that really matter in the end?
If the woman of your dreams came into the room and stood beside the little country woman who you know would give you three of the BEST full course meals a day for the rest of your life, who would you choose?

I'm only asking because...I don't want to be wasting my time trying to become the best that I can be for my future husband and still not win the rat race. So, I ask you to be honest.

Oh yeah...here is the cake.







1 comment:

Live From The Grind said...

Cooking is a plus you have great wifey traits and nothing like having a good home cook meal. The man thats blessed enough to have your hand in marriage will have a good thing.